ONTAP Discussions

Snapmirror Quiesce Break and Resync

davidrnexon

Hi,

We have multiple qtree snapmirror relationships working happily.

I needed to make one of the qtree's read/write for testing and then wanted to resume the relationship.

So I issued snapmirror quiesce which was succesful, followed by snapmirror break which was also successful, I was able to do my testing, etc

Then I wanted to resync so I issued snapmirror resync, it found the common snapshot and asked if I was sure to resync, I said yes and then I get the error source filer not found.

I then did snapmirror status and the relationship showed idle. So I wanted to make sure it was ok and issued a snapmirror update command and got the same error,  source filer not found.

Anyother command I try to enter on this relationship brings back the same error source filer not found.

So I had to manually remove it and re-initialize from scratch whic was successful.

Now I have a test qtree that i'm trying it on and the same thing, source filer not found.

I can bing from either filer to the opposite by ip and name, all other snapmirror relationships on the same filers are working.

These are the errors from the snapmirror logs

cmd Wed Aug 24 15:14:46 EST -filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Quiesce_start

cmd Wed Aug 24 15:14:46 EST -filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Quiesce_end

cmd Wed Aug 24 15:15:09 EST -filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Break_command

cmd Wed Aug 24 15:18:12 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Resync_command(filer-secondary(0135099659)_vol1_qtree_1-dst.3296)

dst Wed Aug 24 15:18:39 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Request (Resync)

dst Wed Aug 24 15:18:39 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Rollback_start

dst Wed Aug 24 15:18:39 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Rollback_failed (could not findsource filer)

dst Wed Aug 24 15:18:39 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Abort (could not find sourcefiler)

dst Wed Aug 24 15:19:45 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Request (Update)

dst Wed Aug 24 15:19:45 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Rollback_start

dst Wed Aug 24 15:19:45 ESTfiler-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Rollback_failed (could not findsource filer)

dst Wed Aug 24 15:19:45 EST filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 Abort (could not find sourcefiler)

If I manually remove this relationship and then initialize it again it works. For some reason the resync won't work ?? Any ideas ?

4 REPLIES 4

baijulal

Can you please post options snapmirror and rdfile /etc/snapmirror.conf also ONTAP version that you are using.

davidrnexon

here's the output baijulal

filer-secondary> options snapmirror

snapmirror.access            legacy

snapmirror.checkip.enable    off

snapmirror.enable            on

snapmirror.conf file

filer-primary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 filer-secondary:/vol/vol1/qtree_1 restart=always 10,25,40,55 * * *

shaunjurr

How about you post the commands that you are using.  Have you tried to use the IP of the source filer to eliminate potential DNS problems?  Check the content of the snapmirror log file in your root volume... etc/logs/snapmirror as well...

wes_beckum

Shaunjurr's suggestion would be very helpful, to see the actual commands being used. Another consideration, if you have FlexClone licensed, you can create a FlexClone copy off of one of your Snapshots for testing purposes and never have to touch your Snapmirror mirror relationship. I don't like to break my relationships unless I absolutely have to .

Wes

Public