ONTAP Discussions

Snapmirror failed to resync - due to Zapi snapshot list

tbohuslovlm

I had to resize a volume that was snapmirrored. On the source filer-a, I resized the volume.   On the destination file-c -  I broke the mirror, turned off fs_size, resized the volume to match filer-a volumes.  then tried snapmirror resync filer-c:volume.  It asked to confirm resync which I do.  then errors with.

The following prevents remount of volume Shares

zapi snapshot list

zapi snapshot list

zapi snapshot list

zapi delta

zapi snapshot list

zapi snapshot list

volume is in use by other operations. (Shares)

resync failed.  

This is a critical volume that host all our data shares for users.  Not sure what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sharmadevender

You need to wait untill snapshots process complete or you may need to take reboot/failover to clear it instantly..

Hope it will help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sharmadevender

You need to wait untill snapshots process complete or you may need to take reboot/failover to clear it instantly..

Hope it will help.

HENRYPAN2

Yes tbohuslovlm,

sharmadevender is right.

You may wish to wait until the snapshots process done if you're not in an hurry.

Good luck & Good w/e

Henry

gavin_meadows

you neednt have broken off the snapmirror relationship.  I have had source volumes autogrow that then caused the snapmirror to fail.  Simply resizing the destination volume kicks off the snapmirror at the next retry.

Now I thin provision my destination volumes to the same size as the max autogrow size of the source volume - although the size of the destination volume will not appear change until the source volume grows.

Gav

tbohuslovlm

Thanks, patience is what was needed.

roombabu

How long does it take actually ?

Public