ONTAP Discussions

Snapvault stuck in transferring

RUTGERBLOM

Hello,

I'm trying to snapvault a 1,5TB reiserfs volume on Linux server using OSSV, but it seems to be stuck forever in the transferring state at 0kb. I had a look at the snapvault logfile and it seems that it's actually stuck in the examining state. On the same server I have another 400GB reiserfs volume which is snapvaulted without any problems. What could be the problem here?

Kind regards,

Rutger Blom

3 REPLIES 3

scottgelb

is snapvault.access set for this server?  Also, are you on the latest 3.01 version of OSSV?  I checked the admin guide and it shows reiserfs support for SUSE but not RHEL.  If you are using red hat then reiserfs is not supported (per the admin guide and the netapp interop matrix)..

System Requirements               

Linux system requirements

A Linux system must meet the following requirements before you can          install the Open Systems SnapVault agent for Linux:

• Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 4.0 AS/ES/WS,  Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 AS/ES/WS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0
  • SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server  9,  10, and 11
  • Minimum memory of 256 MB
  • 100Base-T or Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) TCP/IP connectivity
  • Free TCP port 10566 (SnapVault)
  • Enough disk space for Open Systems SnapVault  built-in database

Note: For successful installation of Open Systems SnapVault 3.0.1 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 64-bit system, you must ensure that the glibc and glib2 32-bit libraries are available.

RUTGERBLOM

Hello Scott and thanks for your reply.

Snapvault is working fine for another similar, but smaller reiserfs volume on the same server. Communication is not the problem. We have more than 30GB free space on the partition where the built-in database resides. We are using OSSV version 3.0.1. The system containing the volumes is a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.3.

Now more than 36 hours have passed since starting the "create relationships" it is still stuck at "Transferring (0 KB done)"

Kind regards,

Rutger

>>> Scott Gelb <xdl-communities@communities.netapp.com> 2011-10-24 21:47 >>>

Re: Snapvault stuck in transferring

created by Scott Gelb in NetApp Integrated Data Protection - View the full discussion

is snapvault.access set for this server? Also, are you on the latest 3.01 version of OSSV? I checked the admin guide and it shows reiserfs support for SUSE but not RHEL. If you are using red hat then reiserfs is not supported (per the admin guide and the netapp interop matrix)..

System Requirements

Linux system requirements

A Linux system must meet the following requirements before you can install the Open Systems SnapVault agent for Linux:

Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 4.0 AS/ES/WS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 AS/ES/WS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0

SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, and 11

Minimum memory of 256 MB

100Base-T or Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) TCP/IP connectivity

Free TCP port 10566 (SnapVault)

Enough disk space for Open Systems SnapVault built-in database

Note: For successful installation of Open Systems SnapVault 3.0.1 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 64-bit system, you must ensure that the glibc and glib2 32-bit libraries are available.

1. of replies to the post:

Discussion thread has 1 replies. Click here to read all the replies.

Original Post:

Hello, I'm trying to snapvault a 1,5TB reiserfs volume on Linux server using OSSV, but it seems to be stuck forever in the transferring state at 0kb. I had a look at the snapvault logfile and it seems that it's actually stuck in the examining state. On the same server I have another 400GB reiserfs volume which is snapvaulted without any problems. What could be the problem here? Kind regards, Rutger Blom

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on NetApp Community

Start a new discussion in NetApp Integrated Data Protection by email or at NetApp Community

Stay Connected: FacebookTwitterLinkedInYouTubeCommunity

© 2011 NetApp | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe | Contact Us

495 E. Java Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA

ricardoduarte

Hi there,

I had a similar problem where qsmserver daemon (OSSV) would get stuck.

By running "lsof" on the Linux system I could figure out it was stuck reading /var/log/lastlog.

So, maybe you can try to run lsof on the Linux system to see if qsmserver has any open file.

If it does, try to exclude it from backup.

Regards.

Public