ONTAP Discussions

Suggestion on improvements in Config Advisor

drutten57

Hi all,

I've checked the scripting possibilities with Config Advisor.. Well, yes.. It's possible to collect data, and it's possible to do periodic checks..

But..

If you've got 200+ of filers and wan't to do periodic checks it would be great to script the whole thing and not administrating the collection-groups in config advisor manually.

So.. if anyone who has some influense on the dev-team reads this..

* Please drop the encryption on the group-file, or at least let it be optional, so we can edit it by script. Or se the commandline-options below.

* Add more reporting-options html, xml or just clear text

* Add more commandline-options in configadvisor.exe

* Possibility to specify filers, usernames, password, collection-mode, collection-options, outputfolder, reporting-folder,reporting-transport (like ftp, smb) and reporting-format

* Autoupdate-feature that can be run without confirmation in scripts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kawai

HI, i am the product manager for CA and thanks for your note.  We do have plans in many of the features you described below for our future release.  Also, my understanding is that encryption of the group files and saved queries are optional, so you can always decline encryption.

Please let me know if you have further questions or input

thx

kawai leung

kawai@netapp.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

georgevj

Forwarded this to the Config Advisor team.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

kawai

HI, i am the product manager for CA and thanks for your note.  We do have plans in many of the features you described below for our future release.  Also, my understanding is that encryption of the group files and saved queries are optional, so you can always decline encryption.

Please let me know if you have further questions or input

thx

kawai leung

kawai@netapp.com

KennOwen

It has bee a few years since this was posted, was any of this actually completed, is there a document somewhere describing this and possible options?

Kenn

Public