Data ONTAP Discussions

Highlighted

Tags for ontap objects like shares, volumes, qtrees to improve documentation and researches

If I have more than 500 volumes and many shares or exports, it would be more convenient if I could tag some objects with company-internal attributes.

For some objects I can use the option "-comment", but it would be simpler if ontap cli or the system manager by default want to support tagging in a separate field. This makes it easier for me to research my surroundings.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Tags for ontap objects like shares, volumes, qtrees to improve documentation and researches

OnCommand Unified Manager supports Annotations, which might be helpful. You can define custom Annotation Rules to dynamically categorize storage objects. Once objects are associated, you can view in the Admin>Annotations section of OCUM all objects that match a specific annotation, whether associated manually or dynamically (you cannot, however, use custom Annotations as criteria for filtering searches for OCUM objects, FYI). 

https://docs.netapp.com/ocum-95/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.onc-um-ag%2FGUID-3991EE2A-B938-49E5-A736-BC1BAD1664E6.html

Forums