ONTAP Discussions

Unable to take backup of WFA , also failing while trying to download logs

kailas

Hi, 

I am trying to take backup of WFA in which I have written lots of customised workflow.

But I am facing issue of "Unable to complete your action, please try again or contact your system administrator."

Also, facing the same issue while trying to download the logs after workflow execution.

3 REPLIES 3

mbeattie

Hi Kailas,

What version of WFA are you using? Are you using an account that is assigned the admin role? The is a known issue with older WFA versions where downloading exports fails. The workaround is to browse to the download directory. IE

<%wfa_install%>\jboss\standalone\deployments\download.war

EG: "C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\deployments\download.war"

Worst case you could install WFA on another server and import the exported workflow .dar files. Do you have a support case open? If so whats the case number? Regardless if you have created custom workflows i would expect that the backup and restore features of WFA are supported.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

kailas

I am using WFA version : 4.1.0.0.2 with admin role.

I created support case no: # 2007638793 .

FYI , it was working fine earlier , since last one month we are facing issue.

As per my understanding "backup.sql" is used for backup. Is there any workaround to get it.

mbeattie

Hi,

I see what you mean, i've replicated the issue in my lab using WFA 4.1 GA. The problem is that if you attempt to create a backup using the REST API:

'https://<%wfa_server%>/rest/backups'

Or if you use wfa.cmd or backup.ps1 it results in a HTTP 404 error.

PS C:\> cd '.\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\bin'
PS C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\bin> .\Backup.ps1 -User backup -Password ************ -Path C:\Temp\backup.zip
Exception calling "GetResponse" with "0" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

The backup is actually created, the issue is actually downloading the backup.

The workaround is to browse to "<%wfa_install%>jboss\standalone\deployments\download.war" and copy the file:

C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\bin>cd /d "C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\deployments\download.war"
C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\deployments\download.war>dir /b *.zip
WFA_V4.1.0.0.2_B4202552_10_16_18__10_06_39.zip

You should be able to restore the .zip file to another WFA server (IE install WFA on another server, version 4.1 or 4.2) and restore the .zip file.

Note: you will need to set the wfa key on the new WFA installation (from the old WFA server) BEFORE you restore the backup

Hope that helps

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public