ONTAP Discussions

User mapping failing - how to find path/volume?

RenaudTouillet

Hi,

In the event log of our cifs/nfs vserver we are receiving a lot of errors regarding user maping:

ERROR         secd.nameTrans.noNameMapping: vserver (vspnas01) could not map name (202). Reason: No rule exists to map name of user from unix-win

We have already usermapping in place for some users and we exaclty know which user 202 is, but my question is does someone know how to find on which volume / path / share / mount point this access is rejected/failing and also the source server (we have 200 Unix servers where the user 202 is created, so this is hard to find this answer on the unix side 🙂 )? I parsed the secd.log but there's no info about path and source.

We are in cdot 8.3.1RC1 on a MC 8060 4 nodes.

Many thanks for your help.

Renaud

4 REPLIES 4

RPHELANIN

Wireshark would be very useful to help identify where and why the mount op is failing

vihari

We had the same issue. Its resolved when we added the default unix user as"pcuser"

-Vihari

Sahana

Hi

Check name mapping in System Manager. refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1547459/html/frameset.html

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

LiaPenn

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a solution to finding the path or source IP causing this?

Regards,

Lia

Public