ONTAP Discussions

VSC 2.0

nsitps1976

Does anyone know if this is now availble from IBM?

8 REPLIES 8

amritad

I did check last month for one of our customers. I was told that customers would have to directly check with the IBM sales team.

Regards

Amrita

glen_eustace

I also checked last month with our account team (IBM) and was told that they (IBM) hoped to have it available by the end of the month (September) but it still would seem not to be there

bjornkoopmans

Just a abaout a week ago, I received word from IBM that they are giving priority to ONTAP 8.0.1. Therefore VSC 2.0 has been postponed indefinitively...

Knowing IBM a bit, there is absolutely no telling for sure when new products or software versions are released. Sad but true. 😞

Bjorn

nsitps1976

Thanks for the response - It is frustrating being an IBM partner at times! - I have pretty much sold this to a customer and now find out it's not available!

glen_eustace

I have had confirmation from our IBM A/c people and they said to expect 2.0 in November and 2.0.1 in December.

I realise this isn't a promise but it is more encouraging than 'deferred indefinitely'.

nsitps1976

More encouraging!

Many thanks for the update – If anyone does receive any further info please post here, I will do likewise. 

amritad

Hi

We are also checking with IBM. We will send out an update if we hear anything.

REgards

Amrita

nsitps1976

Great Amrita - Really appreciate it.

Public