2012-11-02 08:46 AM - edited 2015-12-18 02:58 AM
We have several volumes with almost 50 OSSV relationships. Most of these are remote servers with limited bandwidth. Occassionally we will have a large amount of data added to the remote folder that takes many days to transfer. This causes the other snapvault relationships to remain in a quiescing status until the single relationship completes. I gather this is by design to keep the volume snapshots according to the OSSV schedule.
What strategies besides performing another LREP baseline would you recommend to deal with this situation?
2012-11-07 10:03 AM
I get the feeling I am way off base with this question... but here goes some more thoughts...
I am entertaining this idea for our daily OSSV backups
1. Find any long running backups that are incomplete
3. NDMPCOPY current snapshot data for qtree to a staging volume
4. modify snapvault relationship to new location
- Meanwhile the other snapvault relationships can continue with their daily updates
6. Upon completion of the update in the staging area, reverse the above process moving it back in the normal volume