Subscribe

Re: Where is the partner interface options getting pulled from?

let me clarify a few things about the IPs

filer 1 is .11 and filer2 is .21

in filer 1,

here is the entry in rc. looks like the hostname does not need to be included.

ifconfig sm-storage-91 `hostname`-sm-storage-91 netmask 255.255.255.0 partner sm-storage-91 mtusize 9000 trusted –wins

Here is the entry in hosts

10.x.x.11 filer1-sm-storage-91

10.x.x.21 filer2-sm-storage-91

Here is what in filer 2

here is the entry in rc.

ifconfig sm-storage-91 `hostname`-sm-storage-91 netmask 255.255.255.0 partner sm-storage91 mtusize 9000 trusted –wins

Here is the entry in hosts

10.x.x.11 filer1-sm-storage-91

10.x.x.21 filer2-sm-storage-91

Scott,

The IP address are correct. the issue is with the dash. If this is an issue with IP then we would have been having issue right now.

see my explanation above. I just am not sure where to correct the missing dash. in rc or ifconfig?

Highlighted

Thank you… a few too many replies and got caught in the weeds J This clarifies it a lot and the IPs are matching what you said .11 on node1 and .21 on node2. I would manually fix the partner statement in node2 /etc/rc, then rerun the ifconfig command to set the correct partner so takeover/giveback works properly. That will fix the error and also ha-config check should report it is ok…and nice that it caught there was an issue which is only in the partner parameter on node2.

so is this just a matter of adding this:

Here is what in filer 2                                                                                               

here is the entry in rc.                                                                                              

ifconfig sm-storage-91 `hostname`-sm-storage-91 netmask 255.255.255.0 partner sm-storage91 mtusize 9000 trusted –wins

changed to this:

ifconfig sm-storage-91 `hostname`-sm-storage-91 netmask 255.255.255.0 partner sm-storage-91 mtusize 9000 trusted –wins

and then sourcing that one line?

But what is weird though, I have been using wiregauge to run haconfigcheck and it never catches this and it has been like this forever and we have done failover before without issue.

But the Netapp tech caught this.

Maico

Definitely a good catch by the NetApp tech...and not easy to see.  It likely was set correctly before (you can check autosupports in the past and make sure...or maybe even snapshots depending on your retention) and the gui may have caused this when making a network change.

correct

we were just running wiregauge with our rep yesterday and found a few things good and chased a few things that were bogus. 

thanks guys... hosts files and rc files are still an area I struggle. Nice to follow the thread on this.

just to close the loop a little more on our experiences with rc file work.  We have seen errors like this when we do a paste into a wrfile statement. Seems to be an occasional issue with buffers and characters getting munged.