ONTAP Discussions

Where is the partner interface options getting pulled from?

mdvillanueva

Hi

After running HA config checker, we got this message.

"Interface sm-storage91 (sm-storage91) reffered by filer2 for failover is missing on filer1"

I look interface configuration under the Partner Interface (see attached diagram), and I believe it is supposed to choose sm-storage-91 (10.x.x.11) instead of sm-storage91. There is a missing 'dash'

Where are the options in the drop-down list getting pulled from? from the host file? How do I receive the error? Do I change here first in the interface configuration and then change the /etc/rc file also?

Weird thing is, we were able to perform takeover/giveback before without any issue.

Thanks,

Maico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

Thank you… a few too many replies and got caught in the weeds J This clarifies it a lot and the IPs are matching what you said .11 on node1 and .21 on node2. I would manually fix the partner statement in node2 /etc/rc, then rerun the ifconfig command to set the correct partner so takeover/giveback works properly. That will fix the error and also ha-config check should report it is ok…and nice that it caught there was an issue which is only in the partner parameter on node2.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Public