ONTAP Discussions

Witness Server solution for Metrocluster?

biescas

Hi,

One of our Partners is asking the following question. Can you help?

Can you advise if there are Netapp approved ‘Witness Server’ solutions available for Metrocluster?

I’ve been asked to look at fully automating the force takeover aspects of our implementation at a customer site.

Thanks,,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

radek_kubka

Hi Elias,

You can find the 'proper' answer in Niels's comment below this post:

http://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-10230

Supported TieBreakers are

a) ApplianceWatch 2.1 plug-in for Microsoft SCOM

b) PVR to get the RRE-developed TieBreaker for Operations Manager

Regards,

Radek

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

radek_kubka

Hi Elias,

You can find the 'proper' answer in Niels's comment below this post:

http://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-10230

Supported TieBreakers are

a) ApplianceWatch 2.1 plug-in for Microsoft SCOM

b) PVR to get the RRE-developed TieBreaker for Operations Manager

Regards,

Radek

shaunjurr

I keep getting an error when I try to access this document, even if I am logged in correctly.

Welcome to the NetApp Communities site, where you can find and share ideas with other technical experts in our open forums. Registration for this community site is free and easy, so please sign up today. If you already have a NetApp Community profile, you may login here

I'd be quite interested in the discussion points.

radek_kubka

It's within Partner & Field Community - maybe that's why you are getting an error?

The doc itself (TR-3660) describes a method which is no longer supported, whilst the comment I quoted above lists both supported ways.

That's pretty much all what is there.

shaunjurr

Ok, I have no partner access, so that is very probable explanation.  The error message is unfortunately not informative enough to conclude that there are insufficient privileges to login to a "Netapp internal community". I've had customers that wanted to do this in the past and I was usually happy to have dissuaded them.

YMMV

Public