Data ONTAP Discussions

About Data ONTAP Discussions
Discuss and ask questions about NetApp's Operating Systems Data ONTAP 7G (Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode), Clustered Data ONTAP 8, Data ONTAP Edge and their data protection features and plug-ins.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
We have a NetApp R200 running DOT 7.3.3 that has bascially been sitting idle in a corner for far too long with old archived data on it. We are trying ...read more
Hi  i m using datap onta 8.3.1P2 i have the following problem i have volume that use security style unix that are accessed by some of our user through ...read more
Hello All,             I have been trying to see if there is a way to get TOP IO volumes for specific aggregate via CLI without perfstat. Looking at t ...read more
Hi all,         I am new to NetApp storage. Could anyone help me the command to find NetApp model name (FAS XXXX). Other than sysconfig -a command. Th ...read more
I was reading with interest the good TR-4182 Ethernet Storage Design Configuration by Mike Worthen. I think that there's some contradiction in e0M usa ...read more
We are trying to set up an fpolicy with an Enterise Vault external engine from a Cdot 8.3P1 SVM but each time the policy is enabled it shows connectin ...read more
We have an ongoing issue where our team is unable to generate/pull report from VARONIS. in the event logs we could see the errors like Fpolicy.server. ...read more
We're currently (finally...) making a switch from EMC to NetApp, and our brand new Boxes are running on ONTAP 9 but we have a weird problem, currentl ...read more
I have one particular volume for which we don’t have a snapshot schedule on. The volume snapmirrors to another site, therefore the only snapshot that ...read more
I have a source volume on a local filer that is setup for CIFS protocol and has a share with no qtrees. The volume is snapmirrored to a destination vo ...read more
Forums