Data ONTAP Discussions

About Data ONTAP Discussions
Discuss and ask questions about NetApp's Operating Systems Data ONTAP 7G (Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode), Clustered Data ONTAP 8, Data ONTAP Edge and their data protection features and plug-ins.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
Dear Experts,   We have 4 Disk Shelfs (all SAS) and we would like to use ADP:   My assumptions on ADP: It will partation disk into 2 slices root and d ...read more
AFF200 Active/passive, with one SVM on the active node, that also owns the data aggr.   Say I put a SVM lif on the passive node. 10Gbe SFP+. How will ...read more
Hi All We have an On-Tap upgrade comming. The estate has no internet access so must be fully manual   Ive used Mongoose as a deployment method before ...read more
Is there any reason to define snap reserve space in a "thick" provisioned flexvol?     In our PROD environment we use autosize (mode: grow) and have a ...read more
Hi,   we have a problem with one of our filers. It is a two node cluster with 8060 nodes.   We are getting from time to time theser errors: Event: Nbl ...read more
Spoiler (Highlight to read)Hi I received the following alert mgmtgwd.certificate.expiring: A digital certificate with Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQD ...read more
In more recent versions of OnTap, I do a, 'certificate show' and get 112 results.   I am familiar with the SVM certs, how to renew, and cert managemen ...read more
I would like the community advise on the correct route for connecting 2 esxi servers to an AFF using sfp+ without the use of a L2 switch. Goal is to h ...read more
Hello, dear All I am a newbie in the NetApp world and we are moving from EMC to NetApp. I would like to know everyting about issues/problems with our ...read more
After we added more than 1 TB to a volume, then in vCenter, the size of the datastore didn't get updated.  Any reason why or action we should perform? ...read more
Forums