Data ONTAP Discussions

About Data ONTAP Discussions
Discuss and ask questions about NetApp's Operating Systems Data ONTAP 7G (Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode), Clustered Data ONTAP 8, Data ONTAP Edge and their data protection features and plug-ins.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
Join Our Broadcast Event   Artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning technologies are transforming virtually every market, from self-driving vehi ...read more
I'm trying to get familiar with Data Ontap using System Manager and 9.4.  I noticed that I had hourly snapshots at 7, 8, 9,10 am.  I did a restore fro ...read more
Title of Vulnerability: Content Security Policy (CSP) Not Implemented - Risk Level: Moderate (CVSS=5.0) ONTAP 9.3P6 Rationale/Finding Description: Th ...read more
I'm attempting to rename a cluster LIF on an AFF A-300 running 9.4p1. When doing the rename, it just adds what I specify as the new name to the end of ...read more
Hi,   I am pretty new to Clustered Data Ontap. On our FAS2620 with NetApp Release 9.4P4 I created a export policy for a share with NTFS security. The ...read more
Redhat 6.9 on our client Linux box, ONTAP 9.1 P5 Storage layer    serverx1 kernel: [1550294.152606] NFS: v4 server netapp.myorg.com  returned a bad se ...read more
Hi, I’m using Snapmirror to migrate a SVM from a FAS8040 running 8.3.2P12  (populated with 10K disks) to an AFFA300 running 9.3P6 with the following c ...read more
Hi Team   We have a snapmirror relationship between vfiler vols. mounted the source volume on windows server &copied the files in the zip. The snapmir ...read more
Hello Guys, I have seen a strange behaviour with Netapp Cluster Mode, when we do a NFS export to a unix server they can moun it correclty no issues.Af ...read more
Hello. Having an issue making Vserver root volume recover work with snapmirror in DP mode using make-vsroot on cdot 9.3 . Its my inderstanding that on ...read more
ONTAP 9.4, AFF300, autogrow/shrink enabled across the board, autodelete enabled on iSCSI LUN serving volumes only.   To reserve, or to not reserve?    ...read more
Forums