Data ONTAP Discussions

About Data ONTAP Discussions
Discuss and ask questions about NetApp's Operating Systems Data ONTAP 7G (Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode), Clustered Data ONTAP 8, Data ONTAP Edge and their data protection features and plug-ins.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
Join Our Broadcast Event   Artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning technologies are transforming virtually every market, from self-driving vehi ...read more
Hello   I'm seeing over 100% constant CPU utilization for the host.os domain on one of the nodes in my cluster, the other node is showing 15-30%.  Thi ...read more
Just sharing this info -    Objective : Moving CIFS shares from EOL Shelf to Supported Shelf with-in the same 7-mode Controller.  First setup & initia ...read more
Hi All,    NetApp Release 8.2.1 7-Mode I was performing CIFS SETUP and wanted to join domain.I received the error *Could not authenticate with domain ...read more
I'm attempting to rename a cluster LIF on an AFF A-300 running 9.4p1. When doing the rename, it just adds what I specify as the new name to the end of ...read more
Hi All,   I have a CIFS volume of size 4TB of which 800 GB is 32-bit snapshots, the volume is part of the older 32-bit aggr Mirrored to 64-bit aggrega ...read more
Hi Guys,   I have read this will work, but want confirmaton from the folks who have done it recently.   Problem statement : I just want to move 'one' ...read more
We got an snmp alert,    One of The Interface has An attempt to update the domain account password for Vserver <vserver1>  failed during password rese ...read more
Hi All, I want to migrate a volume (vol0) from old 2550 running Ontap 8.2.2P1 7-Mode(filehost) to a new 2650 running  Ontap 9.3P4 (cltaoc01) I created ...read more
I had to migrate online a very critical production storage running on FAS8040 with DS2246 disk shelves to FAS8200 with DS224 disk shelves.  It was run ...read more
Hi all,         I am new to NetApp storage. Could anyone help me the command to find NetApp model name (FAS XXXX). Other than sysconfig -a command. Th ...read more
Forums