Data ONTAP Discussions

About Data ONTAP Discussions
Discuss and ask questions about NetApp's Operating Systems Data ONTAP 7G (Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode), Clustered Data ONTAP 8, Data ONTAP Edge and their data protection features and plug-ins.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
We have a nuber of PCs in various subnets that are attempting to try and access LIFs on our CDOT cluster that are in various part of our enterprise th ...read more
We have two LIFs configured that we use for FPolicy taffic between our CDOT 9.6 cluster and various applications (STEALTHbits, Varonis, etc.) and we a ...read more
I am getting this error: spm.mgwd.process.exit. Based on the Syslog translator --- https://mysupport.netapp.com/eservice/ems?emsAction=details&eventId ...read more
Hello all,   Is it possible to configure a cluster with root data partition, where all data partitions belong to one aggregate but the root partitions ...read more
Hi!   I'm trying to find out how how things will behave in the following scenario.   3 SVM's and machine objects, all stored in the same OU in Active ...read more
Is there any difference to volume move a clone than a regular volume? I am tried to volume move clones to the other aggregate. However, they all still ...read more
set up NDMP remote backup on Veritas Netbackup (8.1.1) first time. Wish someone can share some experience. thanks 1).  we will need to bak up all cifs ...read more
hello everyone, we have a 7mode box that fails to send autosupport emails [sometimes] and we need to understand why, i found the below error in the lo ...read more
we may have a need to move some flex volumes to a parnter node's aggregate for both share and FC LUN's volumes.  Can someone explain what happens in b ...read more
Has anyone enabled FIPS mode? We have several FAS 8060 nodes in a cluster with ONTAP 9.3P15 and we are looking to enable FIPS mode. I am looking at th ...read more
Forums