ONTAP Discussions

cluster peer show - availability pending

cshenberger

I am adding nodes to a cluster  running ontap 9.1P2.   I added the nodes and then added intercluster interfaces on each of the new nodes,  there is a firwall rule update required so I removed the interfaces for now. 

I am not sure of the status before but now all cluster peer relationships avialability status is pending.  even after verifying that the cluster is replicating still and that the cluster peer address list is good. 

there are no offers so I can't do anything to change this status,   how can I make the cluster peer availability get back to Available? 

4 REPLIES 4

davissd

Jeff,

We're experiencing the same problem the original poster had in 2017 except we're running 9.3P8.

The KB did not seem to cover us as it mainly dealt with interface and IP issues.  The source cluster nodes can ping the desination and vice versa.  The destination is even able to continue to "pull" previously defined snapmirror updates.

However, from sysmgr on the source we cannot create new snapmirror relationships to the destination and the cluster peer status on the source for the destinaltion says "pending".  On the destination for the source the cluster peer status is "available".

Again just like the original poster, we noticed this after adding 2 nodes to our previously 4 node cluster.

Thanks,

Steve

harshitmarwah

Hi Steve,

Was the issue i'm facing the similar issue.

Thanks,

Harshit

davissd

Was this ever resloved?  We are experiencing the same thing with 9.3P8 and at first glance the link suggested to you did not seem to have the solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Public