ONTAP Discussions

creation snapshot of aync option

shozo

During the test of snapshot creation of Flex volume, I've found async option in "snapshot-create" API.
As far as I know, there is no async option in ONTAP8.3.1P1 "snapshot create" command.
So how can I know whether this async option working?
Is there some kind of status which shows like "Snapshot creating..." or "Snapshot created" ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<netapp  xmlns="http://www.netapp.com/filer/admin" version="1.31">
  <snapshot-create>
    <async>true</async> ★
    <snapshot>test_snap
    </snapshot>
    <volume>volume_iscsi</volume>
  </snapshot-create>
</netapp>

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi,

In clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 data protection (DP) relationships were used for mirroring, while extended data protection (XDP) relationships were used for backup/vaulting. In clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 extended data protection (XDP) relationships support two more use cases, mirroring and unified mirror-vault. The exact behavior of an extended data protection (XDP) relationship is governed by the snapmirror policy associated with that relationship. In clustered ONTAP 8.3 the snapmirror policy has a new field type to indicate how the relationships with that policy will behave. The supported types are async-mirror (mirroring), vault (vaulting/backup) and mirror-vault (unified mirroring and vault). Refer to the man page for the snapmirror policy create command for more information.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public