ONTAP Discussions

[dfu.fwDownloadFailedMultFiles:error]: Download failed due to multiple firmware files found for Disk type

igor

Hello!

I'm trying to update disk firmware for 500GB SATA drives (X282_SMOOST50SSS), but I got this error:

Tue Sep 20 10:13:29 CEST [dfu.fwDownloadFailedMultFiles:error]: Download failed due to multiple firmware files found for Disk type [NETAPP   X282_SMOOST50SSS].

KB15732 provides an answer saying that \etc\disk_fw directory probably holds more that one firmware for X282_SMOOST50SSS drive - which it does. So basically, I know what to do... 🙂

Still, what puzzles me is that it also says firmware is comprised of both .LOD and .CTL files -- but the firmware download page only offered a download link for a single disk firmware image (at the bottom), and that ZIP archive contains only one LOD file. Is this is OK?

Furthermore, there was mention of all.zip which aside from firmware also contains an update on Disk Qualification Package -- but there's no download link. Anyway, I found a DQP link from where I can download the neccessary files. I think it needs to be updated as well... But do I update DQP, wait a couple of minutes and then disk firmware, or the other way around? How important is DQP?

Thanks,

Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

peter_lehmann

I'd recommend you to first do the DQP and then the all.zip file. This should do the trick.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

peter_lehmann

I'd recommend you to first do the DQP and then the all.zip file. This should do the trick.

Peter

igor

Hello Peter,

Thanks for you input!

So you think .LOD file will do nicely, without the .CTL file mentioned in KB15732? What is that anyway?

Igor

peter_lehmann

What is the CTL file... I can only guess, that it could be some Control File which is being created by Ontap.

Public