ONTAP Discussions

editing Changing data transfer rate reverts back

RANJBASSI

Hi

I seem to be having issues with changing the bandwidth rate on snapmirror transfer jobs.

I have tried to change on both the source and destination filers using OCUM.

It's currently set to 80000 but want to change the changing the setting to use unlimited bandwidth, however once I change this it reverts back following a refresh.

netapp-sm-1.jpg

It shows as unlimited bandwidth but once I refresh its reverted back to the original setting.

netapp-sm-2.jpg

Does anyone know why this would occur?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

deepuj

Hi,

you may have to check the setting in snapmirror.conf file

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

RANJBASSI

Hi

I checked the setting in the snapmirror conf file and it's set to 80000.

One thing I have noticed is I can only find the snapmirror.conf file on the destination filers and not the source. Is this normal?

I have checked in /etc/c$

Thanks

deepuj

Hi,

That should be the reason which is not allowing you to change the setting.

Snapmirror uses a pull poperation from the destination storage controller, yes its normal.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

RANJBASSI

Thanks for confirming that

CENSLFASPROD02:NETAPP_prf2_esx_w2k3_sas_01 CENWBFASDR02:NETAPP_prf2_esx_w2k3_sas_01 kbs=80000 * 6,12,18 * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6

Above is one of the lines from snapmirror config. Just to confirm I just need to remove kbs=80000 so it looks like below:

CENSLFASPROD02:NETAPP_prf2_esx_w2k3_sas_01 CENWBFASDR02:NETAPP_prf2_esx_w2k3_sas_01 * 6,12,18 * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6

Would that be correct?

Thanks

Public