ONTAP Discussions

how to delete Snapmirror relationship.

NISHANT_KOHLI

Hi all,

We migrated some volumes from source to destination. The source was decomissioned without issuing Snapmirror release("I believe so").

Currently I have this status on Destination.

Source                                       Destination                               State                    Lag                  Status

10.10.36.144:SecAccounting    doors:SecAccounting_Dest        Unknown             8821:05:49  Pending

10.10.36.144:accounting            doors:accounting_dest                Uninitialized       -                    Idle

10.10.36.144:creative                  doors:creative_dest                  Uninitialized       -                    Idle  

10.10.36.144:hr                         doors:hr_dest                             Uninitialized            -                  Idle

10.10.36.144:it                         doors:it_dest                                  Uninitialized       -                    Idle

10.10.36.144:marketing             doors:marketing_dest                 Uninitialized            -               Idle

10.10.36.144:merchandising    doors:merchandising_dest        Uninitialized       9019:02:26       Idle

10.10.36.144:shared                doors:shared_dest                    Uninitialized            -                    Idle

10.10.36.144:supply_managers  doors:suppy_managers_dest  Uninitialized            -                    Idle

I have cleared \etc\snapmirror.conf, there are no entries in the file anymore.

Still I the above entries are showing on the destination filer. Can anyone help my removing those entries??

Also, my snapmirror license has expired!!

3 REPLIES 3

jeras

Check the snap list for each of those volumes on the destination.  You'll need to delete the snapshot that was used for the SnapMirror relationship.  Once that is done, the SnapMirror entry for that relation will be removed. 

NISHANT_KOHLI

Hi Jeras,

There is no such snapshot present, I have verified all the volumes in question.

Regards

Nishant Kohli

Storage - Guitar Center, ITO | Desk: (818) 735-8800  ext 2835

Mobile – 818 584 5956

E: Nishant.Kohli@Guitarcenter.com

rorzmcgauze

Usuallly its the presence of snapmirro snaps that does this. Is there a snapmirror.conf file present this could be the culprit?

Public