ONTAP Discussions

secd.conn.auth.failure: Vserver (vs1) could not make a connection over the network

JohnOBrien

Hi There,

Question???

Is there a way to stop ONTAP 9.1 P1 from polling specific unavailable MS-DC's?

I have an issue with my svms where they are filling the events every 5mins with the error message:

secd.conn.auth.failure: Vserver (vs1) could not make a connection over the network to server (ip 10.0.0.1) Error: Operation timed out.

Message Name:
secd.conn.auth.failure
Sequence Number:
Description:
This message occurs when the Vserver cannot establish a TCP/UDP connection to or be authenticated by an outside server such as NIS, LSA, LDAP and KDC. Subsequently, some features of the storage system relying on this connection might not function correctly.
Action:
Ensure that the server being accessed is up and responding to requests. Ensure that there are no networking issues stopping the Vserver from communicating with this server. If the error reported is related to an authentication attempt, ensure that any related configurable user credentials are set correctly.

This is happening as the MS-DC server in question is in a DMZ.

I can't get my filers access across the firewall to this MS-DC Server, so it shows as unavailable using the command:

>vserver cifs domain discovered-servers show -vserver vs1 -domain mydomain

mydomain    MS-DC    adequate   adserver     10..0.0.1     unavailable

local MS-DC's return 'OK'

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3

JohnOBrien

BUMP....

mohammedimrankhan

Hi

Did you manage to get a fix for this?

hochschuleda

im having the same problem. Though the DCs are fully available and running on the netapp itself on VMWare, still i get these messages

Public