ONTAP Discussions

why "Not ready for backup"?

soporte_iaj

We have one server with partial failed job status.

It show a event error:

SAN:directory Primary directory server:directory is not ready for backup (SnapVaulted; Quiescing)

Have anybody any idea?

8 REPLIES 8

crocker

Hi,

Since you have not gotten an answer, you may want to ask this question in the NetApp Support Community.  The current customers, partners and internal Subject Matter Experts are addressing technical product questions there.

Mike

soporte_iaj

It's posted, thank for all Mike

kumaraysun

HI,

The Error could be possibly because the snapvault has not completed the update. The workaround would be try to do a snapvault update on the destination.  if it fails, try vault abort and try again. Once the snapvault shows (snapvaulted idle) you should be able to take the backup

Kumaresan

soporte_iaj

snapvault status

Snapvault primary is ON

Source                                            Destination                                                              State   Lag       Status

source:/departamentos  destination:/...  Source  37:53:04  Idle

source:/home           destination:/....          Source  -         Idle with restart checkpoint

Any idea?

Sorry for mi worst English

kumaraysun

Hi,

Thanks for the reply , I belive that the issue is happening in /home directory and departmentos is fine. If this is the case then try to restart the snapvault or abort the snavault using the -h option this will make the snapvault to idle . Please find the explanation of the -h option

Any transfer with a restart checkpoint  may be restartable; to clear out the restart checkpoint and force any subsequent transfer to start with a fresh snapshot on the source,  you can use abort -h on the destination. The -h option specifies that this is a hard abort; the restart checkpoint will be cleared out in addition to the transfer being stopped.

Kumaresan

soporte_iaj

i'm trying that...

snapvault status

Snapvault primary is ON

Source                                            Destination                                                              State   Lag        Status

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/departamentos  IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_departamentos  Source  110:09:06  Idle

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home           IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home           Source  -          Idle with restart checkpoint

Who is the  <dstfiler>:<dstqtree> ?

snapvault abort -h "IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home"

Could not find destination: IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home

Any idea?

kumaraysun

Hi,

This operation has to be done at the destination side. Please try the abort from the destination side. Also please confirm if the first volume works fine with the backup operation before trying to abort this volume

Kumaresan

soporte_iaj

I tried that destination side. It's apear to do something but....

When i loggin throw ssh into destination side show that message

Tue Jan 24 09:14:15 CET [IAJSAN02: replication.dst.err:error]: SnapVault: destination transfer from ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home to /vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home : cannot connect to source filer

Can't connect to source side.

It's the destination side snapvault status output command:

Snapvault secondary is ON.

Source Destination State          Lag        Status

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/departamentos IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_departamentos Snapvaulted    129:06:35  Quiescing

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home Snapvaulted    849:07:21  Quiescing

And that the source side:

Snapvault primary is ON

Source                                            Destination                                                              State   Lag        Status

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/departamentos  IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_departamentos  Source  129:07:04  Idle

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home           IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home           Source  -          Idle with restart checkpoint

I tried in destination side the commands

Tue Jan 24 09:14:15 CET [IAJSAN02: replication.dst.err:error]: SnapVault: destination transfer from ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home to /vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home : cannot connect to source filer

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/departamentos IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_departamentos Snapvaulted    129:06:35  Quiescing

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home Snapvaulted    849:07:21  Quiescing

Snapvault primary is ON

Source                                             Destination                                                              State   Lag        Status

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/departamentos  IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_departamentos  Source  129:07:04  Idle

ssccbilbao.iaj.junta-andalucia.es:/home           IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_home           Source  -          Idle with restart checkpoint

Snapvault primary is ON

Source                                             Destination                                                              State   Lag        Status

snapvault abort -h "IAJSAN02:/vol/vol_backup_bi/Backup SSCC Bilbao_ssccbilbao_departamentos"

This may take a long time to complete.

Public