EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Autosupport configuration

prabsom

Hi,

NetApp E-series is deployed on a  site with no internet connection. I would like to activate autosuport  and configure to send the ASUP message to my internal email address. Is this possible?  

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

mikkisse

Hello!

Yes, you can send ASUP messages to your internal mail address using internal SMTP server.

Sahana

Hi 

Refer KB https://kb.netapp.com/index?page=content&id=1014318 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

prabsom

As per the link :

7. If you had selected the mail (SMTP) server, specify the name of the mail server and the sender's e-mail address required for sending an e-mail to the destination technical support system and the Reply-to e-mail address required for sending a sample AutoSupport message.

I need to change the e-mail address for destination technical support system to my internal email address so that I can get ASUPs instead of going to NetApp - Where do I go to change this?

Thanks,

mikkisse

When you setting up autosupport, you can additionally add another recipients who will recieve minimal message, or complete message. 

autosupport modify -node node1 -to complete_message@example.com -noteto minimal_message@example.com

Harry_Redl

Hi,

as far as I remember, you cannot change the autosupport delivery address. ASUP for E-Series is something different than the one you know from ONTAP world.

You want to be notified when anything happens on the system, right? Then right click on the array in the EMW (Enterprise Management Window) and use "Configure Alerts".

Hope it helps

Harry

mikkisse

Sorry, there is my bad.

Public