E-Series, SANtricity and Related Plug-ins Discussions
I'm going to implement a two controllers E2800 dedicated for VEEAM backup repository via ISCSI and i've a few questions :
- The plug-in for vCenter is stilll recommended ? Can't download anything from the support website. All articles / videos/ KB that i've found seems not recent at all
- Each controller are accessible from a web based interface which is santricity system manager, is there a way as ONTAP to manage it as a cluster ?
- If you have any best practices for VEEAM for backup repository ? DDP or volume group ? How many volumes per controller ?
Thanks in advance for all your answers.
I found this article online. It is a blog post and seems to be relevant.
To answer the questions as best i can.
1. I don't know if that is needed sorry.
2. E-series uses SANtricity not OnTap so no.
3. that sounds like a question best asked of VEEAM since they are the ones that would need things set up.
I found TR-4471 which discusses the best settings for Veeam and E-Series controllers including the E2800 controller.