I have some questions related to E2800 array - as need to buy new storage system:
1) SSD Cache - is E2800 supports SSD cache but for _write operations_ ? (I found that's supported for read operation)
2) Whats feature 'highPerformanceTier' provides ? Is it some sort of Auto-tiering ?
3) Do I need to buy any additional licenses for eg. async-replication between two E2800 systems ? 4) I would like to have iSCSI and FC on one E2800 same time. E2800 will have 2 build-in ports which I would like to use for iSCSI (10Gbps) and 4 ports on FIC which I would like to have for FC connectivity. Is it possible ? 5) Can I convert build-in ports from iSCSI to FC ? I found that there are some licenses / feature-codes for that in E2800 documentation.
6) Can I mix SSD and SAS for one Volume/Volume Group - if yes will E2800 will first write on SSD or move data more frequent data between SAS or SSD ?
7) Each E2800 controller have four core Intel CPU. How many cores are used for single LUN/VOL operations ? In the past I had storage systems where one LUN was only handled by one CPU core and we need 4-6 LUNs to archive maximum performance.