EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Netapp 5350 Model 0833 - Incompatible Disk

Mbs-Sysops

Hi all,

We have a netapp 5350 Model 0833  where one disk failed and after purchasing the same disk/model the storage recognizes as incompatible. The only difference I can see is the firmware, is it correct? If so, any suggestion of where to download it?

Sorry if it is a newbie question but I haven't been finding good answers, maybe my keywords are wrong. Capture.JPG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mbs-Sysops

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I can't confirm if that disk was purchased from a Netapp representative as it came from inherited infrastructure, but I am assuming it hasn't come due to the issue.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NetApp_AU

Hello Mbs-Sysops,

Did you purchase the drive from NetApp? Only drives purchased from NetApp are compatible with NetApp E-Series systems.

Thank you

Team NetApp

Mbs-Sysops

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I can't confirm if that disk was purchased from a Netapp representative as it came from inherited infrastructure, but I am assuming it hasn't come due to the issue.

Regards.

NetApp_AU

Hello Mbs-Sysops,

After looking into it a bit more, I found that a drive can be marked incompatible if it came from an array with significantly different controller firmware.

It would be worth trying to initialize the drive manually to see if that makes it optimal.

https://docs.netapp.com/ess-11/topic/com.netapp.doc.ssm-cli-115/GUID-8DD57FB5-B698-4B4B-BA8D-C2654C7607E1.html

Team NetApp

JayJay

Hello, do you fix issue ? I think problem could be that new disk not able for DA ?

Public