E-Series, SANtricity and Related Plug-ins Discussions

Highlighted

Reset administrator account or factory reset

I recieved a new NetApp E2812 and have used QuickConnect to do the inital configuration. I then connected it to our network and have tried to upgrade firmware and other tasks. For some reason the Administrator password that I set during the QuickConnect configuration is not being accepeted.

How do I reset this password? Or reset the NetApp back to defaults?

I have connected to the NetApp Controller A by console cable and it's just showing 'eos-a login:'. I've tried logging into this with credentials but no joy. 

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Reset administrator account or factory reset

The only doc I could find on resetting the admin password on an eseries is internal.  Could just be faster for you open a support ticket.   

The quick setup on the 2800 series is just admin and you set the password.     

I have raised a support case. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Do you know how to factory reset?

You need console access with a valid login.     There's no button on it or anything. 

I have console access. It's asking for an eos-a login? I've tried the password I created in the QuickConnect but that didn't work. Are there default credentials for this? I've searched everything for what the eos-a login could be and it's not mentioned anywhere. 

Forums