EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

SANTricity 11.30 - can't manage more than 10 devices

Statue

For some reason, this was working fine in 11.20, but we upgraded to 11.40 then downgraded to 11.30, when SANtricity was crashing non-stop. In 11.30, if we try to add an 11th device after we've added 10, the 11th device replaces the 10th device, but retains the name of the 10th device.

6 REPLIES 6

MitchBlackburn

I would recommend contacting support as the best option to start with, but if that doesn't work for you:

In the newest release of SANtricity Storage Manager, 11.41.0X00.0003, we fixed an issue where a connection leak caused the max connections count to be exceeded, resulting in loss of management connectivity.  it is possible you were seeing this defect.  It occurred only on Linux with SMmonitor installed.  To get the fix, you would need to upgrade to the 11.41 version of SANtricity.

-Mitch

Statue

Hello Mitch:

We are running 11.30, because 11.40 was crashing non-stop - it would crash after being idle for a few seconds after loading. But we are running it on Windows...

Lance

Statue

Hello Mitch:

Just downloaded and installed 11.41. It's great - you can add more than 10 devices! However, you can't add more than 11 devices...Is there a file these are contained in that I can modify manually?

Lance

MitchBlackburn

The files where the config is stored is C:\Program Files\StorageManager\client\data\emwdata_v04.bin and emwback_v04.bin. I don't believe you can edit these files, but if you remove them both your config data will be gone and your arrays will need to be re-added to the EMW. I have found I sometimes need to do this to when I have messed up my config. If you don't mind adding back your arrays, it could be worth deleting these files, re-adding your arrays to SANtricity, and letting SANtricity recreate them.

-Mitch

Statue

Hello Mitch:

I uninstalled it, removed all related directories. Reinstalled it. Started adding back the storage, and it won't allow me to add more than 8. Each time I add more than 8, the 8th one gets replaced with the IP addresses of the new one added.

Lance

MitchBlackburn

Lance, at this point you should probably contact support for help walking through your issue. This is not normal behavior and may indicate some type of corruption.

-Mitch

Public