EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Storage management software (version 11.30.0G00.004) is not compatible with firmware on E2812

DaveRunyon

E2812 just installed this week.  It is on the latest firmware (E2812 controller) and SANTricity OS, Here is my storage manager client on version 11.30 (latest) and no matter what I do I cannot connect:

Is there a newer version of Storage manager client I am unaware of?  It looks like 11.30 is the latest one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlonsoD

A note to my previous response with directions to download latest version of Storage Manager.

The Storage Manager version (latest is 11.53.0X00.0008) must be greater than or equal to the controller firmware installed on the array for Storage Manager to be able to manage the array.

If the E2812 that was mentioned in the original post has newer controller firmware installed, such as 11.60.x, then the latest Storage Manager will not be able to manage the E2812.  In that case E-Series Unified Manager can be installed to manage multiple E-Series arrays.

E-Series Unified Manager can be downloaded from support.netapp.com and following the instructions I gave for downloading Storage Manager.  The difference being instead of clicking on “E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager” link under the “E” section, click on the “E-Series SANtricity Unified Manager” link.

Thank you.

Alonso DeVega

TME Lab Contractor

316-636-8527

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

eseries_trailblazer
To get the latest version of the Storage Manager software, the user will need to have a NetApp account setup.

1. Go to support.netapp.com and log in.
2. Click on "DOWNLOADS" to display a drop-down menu.
3. In the drop-down menu click on "Downloads". This will take the user to the Downloads page.
4. Under "All Products A-Z", in the "Jump to" field click on "E". This will take user to E section.
5. Click on "E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager". This will take user to the "E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager" page.
6. Under "Available Software", click on the blue download button labelled "Download Latest Release [11.53.0X00.0008]". This will take user to EULA page.
7. Check mark box stating user read EULA and click on "CONTINUE" button. This will take user to download page.
8. Click on the blue "DOWNLOAD STORAGE MANAGER INSTALLER" button for the operating system Storage Manager will be installed on.

Thank you.

Alonso DeVega
TME Lab Contractor
316-636-8527

DaveRunyon

Awesome - thanks!

AlonsoD

A note to my previous response with directions to download latest version of Storage Manager.

The Storage Manager version (latest is 11.53.0X00.0008) must be greater than or equal to the controller firmware installed on the array for Storage Manager to be able to manage the array.

If the E2812 that was mentioned in the original post has newer controller firmware installed, such as 11.60.x, then the latest Storage Manager will not be able to manage the E2812.  In that case E-Series Unified Manager can be installed to manage multiple E-Series arrays.

E-Series Unified Manager can be downloaded from support.netapp.com and following the instructions I gave for downloading Storage Manager.  The difference being instead of clicking on “E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager” link under the “E” section, click on the “E-Series SANtricity Unified Manager” link.

Thank you.

Alonso DeVega

TME Lab Contractor

316-636-8527

Public