ONTAP Hardware

2 critical error's are they releated ?

SAREK070770

On my system console i see 2 errors from time to time on the screen

shelf.config.mixed:info]: System is using a mixture of single path and multi-path attached storage

ses.inconsistent.config:CRITICAL]: Inconsistent configuration detected for shelf connected to host adapter 0b.

The first one i can explain cause the sas shelfs are multi-path attached and the sata are single path attached, So that message can be explained.

The second one i can't explain and can't find any refrence about on the internet, could it be it is releated to the first one ore is this a seperate one telling there is a other config problem. The 2 messages always apear at the same time.

2 REPLIES 2

ekashpureff

Sarek -

Are the SATA drives on adapter 0b ?

It looks like they're associated.

You can also use the 'Syslog Translator' tool on the support site to give you more info about err messages.

Interestingly, the 'ses.inconsistent.config' message didn't come up with any results when I ran it on the tool.

Was that the full identifier for the message ? What version of Data ONTAP was this ?

I hope this response has been helpful to you.

At your service,

Eugene E. Kashpureff, Sr.

Independent NetApp Consultant, K&H Research http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekashpureff

Senior NetApp Instructor, IT Learning Solutions http://sg.itls.asia/netapp

(P.S. I appreciate points for helpful or correct answers.)

Roxi

Hi,

I have a similiar problem and cannot find anything about it on the NetApp KB:

Sat Nov  8 22:53:26 CET [<my-filer>:ses.inconsistent.config:CRITICAL]: Inconsistent configuration detected for shelf connected to host adapter 0b.
Sat Nov  8 22:53:26 CET[<my-filer>:ses.inconsistent.config:CRITICAL]: Inconsistent configuration detected for shelf connected to host adapter , 0b

Its a FAS2240 with just one local attached diskshelf with SATA drives.

Does anyone know what this is? BUG, BURT or missconfiguration? Because with "storage show dis -p" I see all the disks multipathed.

Thanks for your help and kind regards from Switzerland

Roxi

Public