FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

2240-4 acp ontap 8.1.4 7-mode assigns IP address in the same subnet as production data

Digriz60

We are getting the following error on one of our HA partners:

Fri Dec 22 00:10:00 PST [FILER:net.if.mgmt.sameSubnet:warning]: ifconfig: IP address '192.168.2.21' configured on dedicated management port 'e0P' is on the same subnet as IP address '192.168.2.161' configured on data port ifgrp1-1. Management IP addresses must be on dedicated management subnets.

Well, I run acpadmin configure on the Filer and choose a private subnet 192.168.0.0 with the mask of 255.255.252.0, and it automatically assigns that IP address for ACP. How do I prevent it from choosing an IP address that's in the same subnet as the data port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andris

This EMS error message is a false positive message.

The ACP network is in a private IP space. It cannot conflict with any other IP interface configured on the system

The defaults should be used: 192.168.0.0 as the ACP domain, and 255.255.252.0 subnet mask.

Run "acpadmin configure", if necessary.

You can see this if you run:

> ipspace list

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

andris

This EMS error message is a false positive message.

The ACP network is in a private IP space. It cannot conflict with any other IP interface configured on the system

The defaults should be used: 192.168.0.0 as the ACP domain, and 255.255.252.0 subnet mask.

Run "acpadmin configure", if necessary.

You can see this if you run:

> ipspace list

View solution in original post

Digriz60

Cool! Thank you for confirming that.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public