FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Highlighted

Re: Asymmetrical routing in filer?

agreed...consistency even when broken is always better to know.  netstat -rn is key to looking at things... I have had a few customers in the last 2 weeks have network issues and found their secondary vifs (ifgrps) did not come up and routing tied to their other vifs and the only way to fix is to up the correct vif, then delete and re-add the same route (or route -f or reboot but that is disruptive) to get it working.  A different issue but similar in how routes bind to an interface.

Highlighted

When I was having problems the routing table always appeared correct.  And even the first part of the mount request would go over the correct interface (~10-12 packets or so) until abruptly switching to going out over e0M (with no change in the routing table).

If it crops up again I'll try to remember to come back to this thread with an update.  Thanks everybody for their help with this!

Highlighted

That's right...even with fastpath and blocking traffic to e0M for data with interface.blocked and still did that...very odd.

Try the NEW Knowledgebase!
NetApp KB Site
Forums