ONTAP Hardware

Best Practices for moving Power cable to new circuit: FAS2040

DANKRATZ96

Currently both FAS2040 power supplies are connected to the same circuit.  A second circuit has been added and I'd like to connect one power supply to it.  I am not sure whether it's best to shut the power switch off on one power supply, move the cable, and throw the switch on again, or just pull the cable and move.  Also, I would like to know if there will be downtime or if the other controller will take over while the first is offline.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

The power supplies are hot swappable and N+1 redundant.

This means you can safely move the power cable without any outage - just make sure both supplies are operating and the cable firmly installed and properly anchored (where anchors fitted) before removing redundancy. It is not necessary to turn off the power supply to move the cable across. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AlexDawson

The power supplies are hot swappable and N+1 redundant.

This means you can safely move the power cable without any outage - just make sure both supplies are operating and the cable firmly installed and properly anchored (where anchors fitted) before removing redundancy. It is not necessary to turn off the power supply to move the cable across. 

Public