FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Cabling FAS2552 + 2 x DS2246 + 1 x DS4246

DCP-AU

Hello,

We have a FAS2552 (dual controller) with 2 DS2246 connected.  We want to add a DS4246 to this configuration.

From the documentation, I can see how to connect DS4246 to a dual controller FAS2252, but can't quite get my head around adding the DS4246 to a FAS2552 & 2 x DS2246...

Does anyone know how this should be cabled??

6 REPLIES 6

davidrnexon

Hi DCP-AU, if you can provide a diagram how you have it cabled now I can help you cable in the new shelf by replying with the new cabling connections

hariprak

Hi,

You can refer the link https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1197106

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

DCP-AU

Hello,

Thanks for responding; however that document is supplied with my system & doesn't reference the scenaio.

It references:

1. FAS2552 connecting to multiple DS4246 shelves
  2. FAS2552 connecting to multiple DS2246 shelves

My scenario is a FAS2552 with 2 x DS2246 shelves (matching option-2 above), to which I need to add a DS4246 shelf.  This is where the problem begins.  The DS2246 are dual controller, so the cabling logic is clear, but the DS4246 is single controller & it is not obvious how to insert this into the loop (& essentially where).

Can you please provide more detail??

radek_kubka

DS4246 has definitely two IOM6 modules - in fact they are exactly the same, as those in DS2246 shelves (IOM6)

You can add the new DS4246 shelf non-disruptively at the end of the SAS stack.

Vishnup

Has the issue been resolved ?

patrick404

The DS4246 definitely has 2 IOMs. There is one on top and one on bottom. It does look a little weird since the 2246 has the IOMS side-by-side. Treat the top one like you would the left one and the bottom like the right.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public