FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

DELL/EMC AX4-5 and V-series

campt

Had a customer ask about front ending an AX4-5 (fibre channel) housing about 16TB with a v-series.  They said they might add another 10 - 20 TB later.  They would stay with EMC shelves and drives if they were cheaper but access the storage via the v-series.   First, I don't see AX4 in the support matrix which for such a small array does not surprise me.  Second, I can't imagine it being cost effective to put a 3200 series array in front of an AX4-5.  Not to mention its at or near end of life and would still need a support contract.  (Don't know what the actual EOL dates are or how EMC defines EOL for its hardware.)  I could go on with the downsides but I won't.  The customer is aware but they still wanted me to inquire about front-ending an AX4-5 with a v-series, so I have.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

isaacs

Hi Tom, old friend!

Your instincts were spot on.  The VNX/CX is the lowest-end offering from EMC that we support.  V-Series is not an option here.

Good luck!

Daniel Isaacs
Technical Marketing Engineer
V-Series

NetApp
Daniel.Isaacs@netapp.com
www.netapp.com

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public