Ok. 8.2.5P5 (7-mode) is loaded and installed "Software: Installation of 825P5_q_image.tgz was completed."
Obviously my network configuration is broken. I removed unused interfaces via OnCommand System Manager and later on the webinterface told me that there is a mismatch between the OnCommand config and /etc/conf.rc or something like that.
How do I now reset the unit regarding network config?
I can still telnet into it but the OnCommand system detects it but gives me a timeout 500 when I want to login.
you can set up interfaces on CLI with ifconfig command, making sure you include those commands in /etc/rc to be persistent across reboots; my 7-mode knowledge is a bit rusty now but these are the steps more or less:
1) on storage run "rdfile /etc/rc"
2) copy content to notepad++ (UNIX EOL character)
3) add ifconfig statements are required
4) copy all content
5) on storage run "wrfile /etc/rc"
6) paste all content
7) leave an empty line at the bottom and press <ctrl> + <c> to close and save
😎 on storage run "rdfile /etc/rc" and confirm the file has changed