FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

F2240-2-12X450-CTL-R5 - firmware upgrade, reset and reconfigure

b_hesseling

I have a netapp:

ModelPart Description

F2240-2-12X450-CTL-R5
FAS2240-2,12x450GB,CTL,R5

and the OnCommand System right now tells me it is running Version 8.1RC3 7 Mode.

How do I upgrade the firmware and what is the latest compatible version?

And step 2: How do I reset the configuration completely to reconfigure it for a simple NFS3 or iSCSI access from 3 ESXi hosts?

Console cable is available, I can also telnet into the unit right now. Thank you for support

3 REPLIES 3

Re: F2240-2-12X450-CTL-R5 - firmware upgrade, reset and reconfigure

maffo

hi @b_hesseling 

FAS2240 can go maximum to 8.2.5P5 (7-mode) or 9.1P20 (cluster mode), the ONTAP image software for both are available from our support site.

to reinitialize the controllers to ONTAP 9 you can follow our KB article https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/How_to_repurpose_a_Data_ONTAP_8.1.x_or_later_7-Mode_node_to_ONTAP_9.

b_hesseling

Ok. 8.2.5P5 (7-mode) is loaded and installed "Software: Installation of 825P5_q_image.tgz was completed."

Obviously my network configuration is broken. I removed unused interfaces via OnCommand System Manager and later on the webinterface told me that there is a mismatch between the OnCommand config and /etc/conf.rc or something like that.

How do I now reset the unit regarding network config?

I can still telnet into it but the OnCommand system detects it but gives me a timeout 500 when I want to login.

maffo

you can set up interfaces on CLI with ifconfig command, making sure you include those commands in /etc/rc to be persistent across reboots; my 7-mode knowledge is a bit rusty now but these are the steps more or less:

1) on storage run "rdfile /etc/rc"

2) copy content to notepad++ (UNIX EOL character)

3) add ifconfig statements are required

4) copy all content

5) on storage run "wrfile /etc/rc"

6) paste all content

7) leave an empty line at the bottom and press <ctrl> + <c> to close and save

😎 on storage run "rdfile /etc/rc" and confirm the file has changed

9) reboot the controller or run "source /etc/rc"

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public