ONTAP Hardware

FAS 2240-4 Ontap 9 change lif distibution setting from mac to IP

thomas382

Hello;

I have the problem that i cannot export a nfs share over an seperate vlan on the primary Lif(a0a 10GB, LACP Trunk), i have created a Lif(a0b 1GB9 for testing and it works fine.

The migration of at an new a0c(with 1 10GB interface failed because of the intercluster Lif and the Admin which i could not migrate.

My question:

Is it possible to change the distribution methode of the a0a Lif from mac based to ip based?

Thanks, Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

iSCSI lifs have to be offline and not part of a port group.     I will typically offline the lif,   remove it from the port group,  move it,  re add it to the port group and online it.   

As far as the intercluster lif.    try offline it and moving it.     The migrate command should be in the context of the cluster vserver too I believe.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SpindleNinja

to change the distrobution method you will need to rebuild the ifgrp.  

But I think what you might want to look at is creating seperate vlans and even broadcast domains for the new lifs.  

CHRISMAKI

As SpindleNinja indicated, you'll have to recreate the IFGRP. If a0b has the correct VLAN(s) on it, migrate your LIFs form a0a to a0b, tear down a0a and rebuild from there. VLANs on top of IFGRPs are also a good idea, per SN.

thomas382

Hello;

Thanke for the replyes, when i try to recreate the Lif i cannot migrate the Intercluster Lif and the iscsi Lif to the new IFGRP.

How can i do this?

Greetings, Thomas

SpindleNinja

iSCSI lifs have to be offline and not part of a port group.     I will typically offline the lif,   remove it from the port group,  move it,  re add it to the port group and online it.   

As far as the intercluster lif.    try offline it and moving it.     The migrate command should be in the context of the cluster vserver too I believe.   

thomas382

Thank you, i will try.

Greetings, Thomas

Public