FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

FAS 8060 c-mode throughput issue

ckirim

Hi ,

I have a fas 8060 cluster 8.3.2 with FC connection LACP 10 g. By the client side we use Ubuntu 14.4 NFS shares. When I test my connection with fio performance test the iops and disk IO workloads I have low througputs than I had expected. I have attached the outputs from sysstat -x , port utilizations and perfstat during the process to the message. 

I have 800-900 mb/s with 1 client and  1100-1200 mb/s with 2 client connections. But this values has decreased dramatically to 500-600 mb/s in a few minutes. I am not waiting 2gb/s

throughput but this values is unacceptable. I have already checked the switch,cabling,etc. but I didn't find any solution. I have moved the volume to SAS and SSD but I have the same result.

Can someone help me? I dont know was I will exact looking or testing? 

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

MarcSchindler

Hello,

I don't see any attachments on your post.

Please give us more information:

- What is the output of following command during the performance reduction?

::> set advanced

::> dashboard performance show

node shell: "sysstat -x 1", "sysstat -m 1" and "sysconfig -r"

::> statistics show-periodic -node -object nfsv3 -instance -counter nfsv3_ops| nfsv3_read_ops| nfsv3_write_ops| nfsv3_throughput| write_avg_latency| read_avg_latency| write_percent| read_percent

--- change nfsv3 to nfsv4 if you use nfsv4

- Do you have one lif per node ?

- How much volumes and aggregates do you use for the test ? (disk type, disk count)

- Any flash accelerator in use ?

- FIO config files

Best regards

ckirim

Hi,

Now we have extra workloads on the System like CIFS share etc. I can provide the outputs of commands but I think that will not help to you. 

I have attached the logs,when the problem has first time appeared. I have already tried to change to nfs version, but it didn't help. 

MarcSchindler

Hi,

The most interesting information will be:

- the layout of the aggregates (output: sysconfig -r)

- the count of volumes and aggregates per node which are used for the tests (parallelization is important, because of the many cores...)

- how much transfers from how much server and how long

- output fio config file to know the workload & statistics show-periodic

- is it a synthetic workload or a real life workload ?

- "... but this values is unacceptable" What did you expect ?

Please also open a case and call your partner to recheck the tests.

Best regards

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public