ONTAP Hardware

FAS 940 Manual

lebreted

Hello, 

I am a student and I am currently working on a project which include the FAS940. I have to set up this storage system but I can not find any manuals. I looked for about 15 hours on the net and find nothing except a website with brief description but it does not help me, so if someone know how I can find it or if someone owne one I would be glad to know about this. 

Have a good day.

5 REPLIES 5

AlexDawson
Hi there! Unfortunately the FAS940 is no longer supported, and to avoid confusion, we archive older materials off of our website.

What are your objectives with this project and do you have license codes for it?

lebreted

Hello AlexDawson and thank you for your answer.
My goal is to set it up to create a tape backup system to save files from other servers. 

what do you mean by license codes ? 

lebreted

@AlexDawson wrote:
Hi there! Unfortunately the FAS940 is no longer supported, and to avoid confusion, we archive older materials off of our website.

What are your objectives with this project and do you have license codes for it?

Is there a way to have access to this archive please, I really need it 

Have a good day,

Edwin

AlexDawson

Hi there,

License codes are required to activate any data access protocols (ISCSI, CIFS, NFS, FC). Without them you won't be able to achieve your objective.

Regarding older materials, a third party has them available online at https://www.uow.edu.au/~blane/netapp/

Good luck.

lebreted

I have a license for NFS, do you know if I can get more of these or maybe NFS is enough to make it works ?

I have already found this website I juste thought that you had the real notice in your archive.

Thank you for your time,

Edwin.

Public