ONTAP Hardware

FAS out of support repair

imadam

Hi,

probably we had this question here but here we go again. What is official path to get quote from Netapp to diagnose and issue quote for repair for FAS system out of support. Customer decommissioned device but some data has been left on device they didn't copy. 

Thank you. 

Imadam

5 REPLIES 5

SpindleNinja

I would work through the customers account team.  If you're not sure who that would be,  You can check with your Technical Partner Manager.  

imadam

Hi, 

I just need to know procedure here. I already got info where I have to pay back to support fees which a really big. So, main question is: Is netapp doing break/fix/incident type of support or not where initial stage is to diagnose and issue quote for repair? After P/O for quote, Netapp repairs device.

paul_stejskal

If you need a support contract, negotiate with account team. Is the problem with hardware or what repair is needed? We do have one-time-only support contracts and HW replacements, if that is needed.

imadam

We need to just repair of one system to pull data out. That's all. How to find out who is account manager? I don't talk to anybody at Netapp, only distributor. 

SpindleNinja

You Disti contact should know what the netapp account team is assigned to you.  

Public