ONTAP Hardware

FAS2020 FC Port and license questions

shadowmaster

Hi,

for some learning on small san boxes I wanted to buy an FAS2020 - I found one with some warranty,preformatted discs,  2x 4GB FC port and 2x ethernet

It comes with these licenses:

CIFS

FCP

HTTP

iSCSI

NFS

SNAPLOCK

SV_Applications_Pri

SyncMirror local

First question - does these licenses allow me to use the integrated ethernet port too for iSCSI, CIFS and NFS? I learned that FCP is the licese for the FC port.

second question: what type of port has this device? IS this FC or SFP+? Pls have a look at the attached image.

Until now I haven't touched such a device, my biggest NAS solution is a Synology DS414 at home... so forgive me with Netapp I am a newbie....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

hwu.netapp.com is a good place to look up what's what physically on the systems.   

#1 - Yes. 

#2 - 0a 0b are the FC ports (check hwu!)  and show to be compatiable with sfp - X6539-R6 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sergey_Osipov

Here is link to documentation about this model

https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=30324&language=en-US&archive=true

you can find all information there 

shadowmaster

the documentation says it is "fibre channel"  but not the connector type...

SpindleNinja

hwu.netapp.com is a good place to look up what's what physically on the systems.   

#1 - Yes. 

#2 - 0a 0b are the FC ports (check hwu!)  and show to be compatiable with sfp - X6539-R6 

shadowmaster

and on hwu.nwtapp.com i cant go because I actually havent the rights yet... I will buy and register only when I know that I can use it

SpindleNinja

buy support?   There's no getting NetApp support on a 20xx box anymore. 

I've mentioned the part # it's a SFP -> LC connector.   

andris

Since we're nice folks here,  the X6359-R6 SFP part will have one of the following numbers on the label.

332-00333,
AFBR-57R6APZ-NA1,
AFBR-57R6APZ-NA2,
FTLF8524P2BNV-(N1)

Public