ONTAP Hardware

FAS3020 Repourpose, adding shelf from DECOMM FAS940

bheusmann

I have a FAS3020 filer with 2 DS14MK2 shelfs 2 x ESH2 modules in each. There is currently no data on the disks in this system. I want to add a shelf from my Decomm'd FAS940. It's a DS14MK2 with 2 x ESH modules. Is this compatible? The shelf’s are double connected disk loops for redundancy & load balancing i.e.0a is connected via Fibre to Shelf 1 ESH2 Module A IN with shelf 2 & 3connected accordingly to module A. 0c is connected via Fibre to Shelf 1 ESH2 Module B IN with shelf 2 & 3 connected accordingly to B modules. Shelf 3 has the ESH modules withtermination switch set to on.

Currently Shelf 1 is showing both Loop A and B, shelf 2 and 3 are not. When in maintenance mode, it appears only Shelf 1 is identified by the filer head. Any help on this situation? Thanks.

-B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jb2cool01

Check cabling if your other shelf is not showing up. Not sure what else it could be.

I believe that the FAS3020 can have any OS upwards of 7.0.1 so you should be able to have whatever version you want. The upgrade advisor seems to say you can just 'upgrade' to an older version but you could use the netboot method if this didn't work.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Public