FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Re: Flashpools and FlashCache with newly announced FAS2650 and FAS8200

Hi,

So in contrast, is-hya-enabled is set to false on our FAS8020 systems.

@andris So obviously it looks as though that should be set to 'true' from the man page however is this supported on an 8020? Should I be following this up through support?

@Matt99 shame if they can't be used together. Was that the expectation from sales?

Cheers,
Steve

The "use both" feature should be supported on any platform that has both Flash Cache and Flash Pools - it's platform agnostic.

Again, if this doesn't appear to be working, I'd open a case to investigate.

Well, we are sales, so we did not have any expecation when selling the units to customers.

These unitls would have been sold even if it didn't have the NVME flash modules so its not like we promised preformance gains from it.

But it would have been nice to see a real benifit, rather than a pre-sales line item.  I'm sure a pure HDD aggrgate would get some use, but we do few of those these days.

And just to confirm, we always check that hya-caching is set.  Here is a screenshot of one unit that always stays at 0 hits.

HI,

Did you log a support case for this?

If so? Can you share with me the nr?

Cause the documentation states they are working together?

And found out that you are not the only one reporting this.

Thanks!

Arnout

Just following up on this old post as I realised I never closed the loop. Not sure if @arnoutyour question was directed at me - we were well into procuring new FAS8200 systems in Feb.

Now we have a mixed FAS8020/FAS8200 cluster on 9.1p11 whilst we migrate our data, I can report that the 8200s have hya-caching set to true, old 8020s have it set to false still. Leaving this issue now as the problem will be resolved for us now by the new hardware.

Cheers,

Steve

Forums