ONTAP Hardware

Help with Migration.

windycity_1

Hi everyone,

I have a two fas2020 that I ned to migrate or link with two fas3040. Let me call them fas2020A and fas2020B. Fas3040A abd Fas3040B. How can I find and link each fas2020 to each fas3040. Is there a better or easy way. I need to link this so that I can facilitate vmotion of datastore and host. Can someone be kind enough to give me a step-by-step guide or direction; Thanks so much for your assistance

Thanks

icewater

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sahil_anand

If you do not have snapmirror license, you try ndmpcopy to move data across from one filer to another. Create volumes on destination and use ndmpcopy command to start coping, you need to do base level copy followed by final/incremental copy, Its quite fast and reliable.

Thanks,

Sahil

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JOHNNY_CV

maybe you could create some new datastores on the 3040 and storage motion the data with VC, otherwise volume copy the data to the 3040 .

windycity_1

Hi Johnny,

Thanks so much in advance. Can you by any chance help me with a step-by-step guide on how to configure the snapmirror. Example I will use fas2020A as the Source filer and Fas3040A as the destination finer. I will use for this example IP 11.156.12.11 for source IP and 13.167.31.00 for destination IP.

I am just starting new with the NetApp product, all your help will be highly appreciated. Also, how to you set up the snapmirror schedule for example, Hourly, daily, nightly or so. What is the best practice

Thanks

icewater

JOHNNY_CV

please seee the volume snapmirror video on this link

https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-10703

sahil_anand

If you do not have snapmirror license, you try ndmpcopy to move data across from one filer to another. Create volumes on destination and use ndmpcopy command to start coping, you need to do base level copy followed by final/incremental copy, Its quite fast and reliable.

Thanks,

Sahil

Public