ONTAP Hardware

How can i fix this error?

ttsanadmins

In the syslog the error is a warning, and there is no translation for it.  Please help.

Client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xid xxxxxxxxxxx) is trying to access an unexported mount (fileid 64, snapid 0, generation 15628757 and flags 0x0 on volume 0x1087a5ab [No volume name available])

Now the client is an esxi host but without the volume name I don't know what volume and I don't know what to do once I find the volume.  What is this telling me exactly?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

deepuj

Hi,

You may try to un-mount and re-mount the export

Please refer KB Article https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2011720&locale=en_US

Hope this help!

Thanks,

Deepu

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

ttsanadmins

Thanks for the information but I don't know what was exported.  And is the mounting done on Netapp side or on VM side?

Thanks!

deepuj

If the Storage system is running in 7 Mode, you will be able to see what is exported in the /etc/exports.

In the Vsphere client under configuration>>storage you will be able to see the mounted exports from the storage system.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

rsankuru

Hi Guys,

I am getting subject error. We are using all FC luns. No NFS exports. 

Then why i am getting this error message ?

A> rdfile /etc/exports
#Auto-generated by setup Mon Nov 14 23:22:22 GMT 2011
A>

Client **** (xid 1013005317) is trying to access an unexported mount (fileid 0, snapid 0, generation 0 and flags 0x0 on volume 0x93b62 [No volume name available])

This FSID belongs to root volume -- 0x93b62

Please help me to fix this issue.

Public