FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

How to Update CN1610 Cluster Switch

JustinM

Hi all,

I have been tasked with updating the firmware on the following sets of switches:

• 2* NetApp CN1610 Cluster Switches
  • 2* NetApp CN1601 Management Switches
  • 2* HP StorageWorks 8/40 Power Pack+ FC SAN Switches
  • 2* HP SN600B FC SAN Switches
  • 4* HP Brocade 8Gb Blade FC SAN Switches

I am looking for some advice on how to achieve this including what I need to look out for etc.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

robinpeter

Its lil more than a week..I'm sorry that nobody replied to your post.. 

if you are still looking for it.. here is what I have.

CN1610 Cluster Switch : Installing FASTPATH software and RCFs on a NetApp cluster switch

CN1601 Management Switch : Installing FASTPATH software and RCFs on a NetApp Mgmt switch

For rest of the hardware you might have to find from the respective hardware vendor... 

thanks,

Robin.

saranraj456

Whether the steps provided in this link -Installing FASTPATH software and RCFs on a NetApp cluster switch for CN 1610 Switch upgrade is only applicable for version 1.2.0.7  or is it applicable for all other down the line versions ? , because the steps like Lif migration and ISL disable was skipped in this following link -https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/sanswitch/fcp/NetApp/cn1610cm/download.shtml#1.2.0.7 for version below 1.2.0.7 . Someone please clarify ?

Thanks

Saran

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public