FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Highlighted

Hung Controller BIOS

Hello,

I have read other posts on this subject and tried their solutions to no avail except for reflashing the BIOS which they do not want to do at this time.

Condition: Controller A does not boot as shown thru a serial connection, Controller B is fine. NVMEM is not protected

Investigation: BMC reports the BIOS is in a Hung state, rear NVMEM LED steady Orange

Steps Taken: Powered off NetApp, removed controller, then battery, waited ~ 20 seconds and re-installed - no change

Reset the controller to boot off the backup BIOS - no change

Verified battery state thru BMC - ready

Sensor reports show no abberations

After the reset, 'system show' reports the BIOS in an Unknown state and then transitions to a Hung state

Accessing controller A thru the browser correctly states it has been taken over by 'B'

If a reflash is the next to last resort (last being RMA) please on the procedures.

Thank-you - I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Hung Controller BIOS

i recommend you to open a case and let ngs help you on that.

i believe reflashing is the only way to fix this. it wont be harmful to ur alive head.

Highlighted

Re: Hung Controller BIOS

Looks like you need to RMA the Controller

http://now.netapp.com/eservice/submitRMA.do?moduleName=RMA

You can give it a try and pull it out and reseat it after waiting for 10 secs. With ab it of luck it gets past the error. Otherwise see above.

Regards,

Bhanoji

Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums