FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Interesting vol0 space issue

Hi,

I have a V3140-R5 running Ontap 7.3 and am having an issue with the reported space used by vol0.

Vol0 is 14GB in size, df -h is showing 13GB used (~92%), but browsing \\asinfpna021\c$ from a windows host, it only adds up to just less than 1GB.

Snapshots are using 1GB out of a 3GB reserve. There is no data in the crash directory.

There was some diagnositc logging turned on for 2 tapes drives (mt -f nrst2/3a diag 1) and for ndmp (ndmpd debug 70) for about a fortnight, but this has been turned off.

Guarantee is volume. Volume is a flexvol (default settings I believe)

Anyone know where to find the missing 12GB?

Also, if vol0 gets to 100%, does anyone know if the filer will suffer a panic?

Thanks

Kirk Brady

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Interesting vol0 space issue

Hi Kirk,

That is odd.  I suggest you open a case (just do it online through NOW.netapp.com).  Once you get a case number, send a manual Autosupport (from cli:  options autosupport.doit case#)

I'd go ahead and resize your snap reserve to give youself a little more headroom in the interim. "snap reserve vol0" to see what it is currently, "snap reserve vol0 10" to set it to %10.

Good luck!

Dan Isaacs

TME V-Series

Netapp

isaacs@netapp.com

Highlighted

Re: Interesting vol0 space issue

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that - there is already an open case I was just wandering if anyone had also come up against it

Snap reserve at the moment is set to 20% - just over 3GB. However, it is only using a fraction of that space. Lowering the snap reserve shouldnt bring back 12GB of space should it? there isnt 12GB of existing snaps!

Thanks,

Kirk

Check out the KB!
NetApp Insights To Action
All Community Forums